Lees-McRae College is pleased to be able to share its facilities with members of the community through Community Membership passes. A $100 membership fee allows access to the following facilities on campus.
- The Broyhill Wellness Center, located in the Cannon Student Center, features cardio equipment (exercise bikes, stair stepper and treadmill), Nautilus weight training equipment, and exercise balls for core training.
- The Arthur Student Recreation Complex has a full gym floor, Cybex Equipment (weight training), climbing wall (open during specified climbing wall nights), fitness classes (during the summer Tai Chi is offered) , and exercise balls for core training. During the normal school year, when the students are on campus, more fitness classes are offered. Previously offered were Tai Chi, Yoga, and Zumba courses (additional fees may apply for classes).
- James H. Carson Library has a vast collection of books, periodicals, and digital sources for a member to utilize. The library is also a member of a consortium of college libraries and can request a book from another area if they do not have a particular book on campus. For more information see the library web page.
- Rhea-Lyons Indoor Swimming Pool, an indoor pool, is open to community members during posted hours. The swimming pool is overseen by the College Athletics Department. For more information on the pool you can contact Thomas Cason at 828-898-8967. Click here to view the pool hours on the college web calendar.
- Arthur - Lauritsen - Sanders Track and Outdoor Tennis Courts are open to community members for use during the summer and when teams are not using them for training and practice during the school year.
The facility use form and payment can be completed with Justin Kitts, director of campus life and recreation, in the Cannon Student Center or the Arthur Student Recreation Complex. For more information, contact Justin Kitts at call 828-898-8753 or email@example.com.
The Community Membership fee is a yearly fee. All paying members will receive an official college photo ID. Paying members are allowed one guest per day at the rate of $5 for each guest pass. Guest passes may be used each day during regular facility hours.