Once a student is formally accepted into the Athletic Training Education Program, they must maintain the following requirements:
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 Scale
- A grade of "C-" or better in all major related coursework.
- Current First Aid/CPR certification. A current copy of CPR/First Aid card must be in the Program Director's office each year.
- Adequate progress toward the clinical experience requirement (meeting clinical assignments)
- Abide by published ATEP policies
Any change in status will result in a written letter/contract, a copy of which must be signed and placed in the student's file. Any requirements spelled out in the contract must be satisfied in one semester.
Failure to satisfy or maintain theses requirements will result in probationary standing until the deficiencies are satisfied within one semester after being placed on probationary status. Failure to fulfill this requirement will result in loss of program standing, requiring the student to re-apply to the program.
National Athletic Trainer's Association (NATA) membership is strongly encouraged for all athletic training students. Benefits of membership include the Journal of Athletic Training and NATA News subscription, eligibility for scholarships and discounts for professional meetings, including the national convention. Membership forms are available on line at www.nata.org