General Eligibility Standards
Applicants should be aware that virtually all financial assistance awarded by the College is limited to
- Students who have been accepted to Lees-McRae College in a degree
- Students who are U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens.
- Students who are enrolled at the College carrying at least the normal full-time academic load (limited Federal Pell Grants are available to some students studying less than full-time [12 hours per semester]).
- Students who are maintaining satisfactory academic progress.
To apply for financial aid at Lees-McRae College:
- Submit a completed admissions application to the Admissions Office. Applicants must be accepted as a degree seeking student before aid will be awarded.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid(FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov
Include the Lees-McRae College School code of 002939
The application should be submitted as soon after January 1st
as possible and by April 15th for priority consideration.
- Approximately 30% of all FAFSA filers are randomly selected for a process called verification. This process requires that additional information be submitted to the Lees-McRae College Office of Financial Aid.
- You must re-apply for financial aid each academic year.
Financial Aid for Summer Sessions
In addition to the process outlined above, students who wish to apply for financial assistance for summer sessions must submit a Lees-McRae College Application for Financial Aid-Summer Sessions. These forms are available from the Office of Student Financial Aid on or about March 15th each year. Summer Session aid is contingent upon the availability of funds and normally consists of Stafford Loans.