We hope that you will join us on Saturday, March 22 as we celebrate William Shakespeare's 450th birthday with "A Day in the Life of Shakespeare." This event is being hosted by the Performing Arts Department and Student Development, in conjunction with the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) and the High Country Theatre League.
During the celebration, members of the SCA, an international, non-profit living history educational group, will come to campus to entertain and educate us. Activities will include:
- Medieval style armored and rapier combat (SCA authorized fighters only)
- Artisan's Row (exhibits and demonstrations of period armor, costuming, calligraphy & illumination, needlework, heraldic display, etc)
- Period board games
- Hunkerhousen (a German tug-o-war done on blocks)
- Classes in subjects such as Siege Weapons, Court Dances, Pirates, Zombies and more
- Numerous competitions and contests including a Period Poetry Contest, Performing Arts Contest, Costume/Garb Contest and Period Drawing Contest
Any and all questions, comments or suggestions can be sent to Mindi Bishop, adjunct dance faculty, at email@example.com.