Summer Theatre Internships
Performing Arts Internship Program
- Internships are offered in the following areas:
- Assistant Stage Manager
- Scenic Artist
- There are no Performance-only internships. If you wish to intern as a performer, you will also be expected to work in a technical or management position during times when you are not in rehearsal or in a current production.
- You will need to fill out an internship application form.
- You must list your GPA on the application form.
- You will need to include a cover letter and provide a resume as part of the internship application. Examples of previous work are strongly encouraged.
- You will be required to participate in each performance night in your assigned areas.
- You will be required to participate in all technical rehearsals in your assigned areas.
- You will be required to participate in aerobics each morning at 8 a.m. four days a week – physical fitness is mandatory in our field of work.
- You will be required to live in the housing provided.
- You will receive one (1) credit hour for work completed.
- Pay is $1,000 divided into 5 biweekly pay periods at $200 each period. Taxes are taken from those who have worked at Lees-McRae within the last year. If you have not worked at the College, please complete a 1099 (no taxes, lump sum every 2 weeks).
Please save the PDF to your computer and open it directly from there to fill out electronically and save your responses. Do not fill out the PDF directly in your browser.