Message from Association Members
We are happy to introduce to you the Lees-McRae College Family Association. If you have a student at LMC, you are automatically a member of the Family Association. Your membership is free, and we hope it will provide you opportunities to be more involved in the Lees-McRae experience. This page includes information about campus events, Banner Elk accommodations, things to do in the area, campus contact information, the academic calendar and much more. Also, if you are a member of Facebook, please “like” the Lees-McRae Family Association Facebook. This will give you another opportunity to stay connected to campus.
Scott and Karen Gobble ’86 Meade
Parents of Brandon Meade ’14
Spring Break | March 10-14
Residence Halls will close at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, March 7.
Residence Halls will re-open at 2 p.m. on Sunday, March 16.
Only students with prior permission from the Student Development Office will be allowed to stay on campus during Spring Break. Courtesy of the Student Handbook, here are a few policy reminders:
1. Students departing for breaks must unplug all electrical items, close windows and blinds, and empty all trash.
2. Residence Life staff members will inspect all residence hall rooms during breaks to conduct safety inspections. Security officers and/or residence life staff will make periodic rounds through the residence common areas.
3. For Thanksgiving, spring, fall and Easter breaks, students may stay on campus. If the student will be in his/her room anytime during the break from 4:30 p.m. the day the break begins through 2 p.m. the day the break ends, he/she must notify their Resident Director/Resident Assistant during the mandatory hall meeting preceding the break. Those staying on campus during breaks must adhere to the following:
- Must be on “permission” list; see RD or RA for permission
- Only residents may stay (no guests without prior approval by Residence Life staff)
- All policies are in effect
- MacDonald Dining Hall will be closed after dinner the day the break begins and will reopen for lunch on the day the break ends
- The exterior doors to the residence halls will remain locked at all times
- Students will be charged $15 per night to stay on campus during breaks
Food Service Hours of Operation
Campus Bookstore Hours of Operation
Monday, March 10 – Tuesday, March 11
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesday, March 12
Closed for Inventory
Thursday, March 13 – Friday, March 14
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.