Christmas Break | December 12 - January 10
Food Services and Residence Halls
- The Dining Hall will reopen for brunch on Sunday, January 11
- Wily’s Bar & Grill will reopen on Monday, January 12
Security officers and/or residence life staff will make periodic rounds through the residence common areas during Christmas Break.
- Residence Halls will reopen on Saturday, January 10, 2015 at 3 p.m.
Students Returning in Spring 2015
Students who are not graduating in Fall 2014 and will be returning for the Spring semester should follow normal break procedures. Students must empty all refrigerators and unplug all appliances, take out all trash, close all windows and blinds, turn off all lights, and lock all doors as you leave. Residence Life staff members will inspect all residence hall rooms during breaks to conduct safety inspections.
Students Not Returning in Spring 2015
Students graduating in Fall 2014 and/or students not returning to Lees-McRae for the Spring semester are required to check out of their rooms and return their room key to the designated Residence Life staff. Improper checkout will result in a $75 fine and a $35 lock change fine. Students not returning must do the following before checking out:
- Remove all of your belongings from your room and Residence Hall – please do not pile items in the hallway.
- Reassemble and unbunk the beds, and have all furniture in the room.
- Clean the room – sweep, mop, and/or vacuum floors. Thoroughly clean out drawers (wipe with a wet cloth) and closets.
- Contact your Resident Assistant or Resident Director to check your room and accept your key. Check out times should be posted on your RA’s door.
- Sign the Room Condition Form
Message from Association Members
We are happy to introduce to you the Lees-McRae College Family Association. If you have a student at LMC, you are automatically a member of the Family Association. Your membership is free, and we hope it will provide you opportunities to be more involved in the Lees-McRae experience. This page includes information about campus events, Banner Elk accommodations, things to do in the area, campus contact information, the academic calendar and much more. Also, if you are a member of Facebook, please “like” the Lees-McRae Family Association Facebook. This will give you another opportunity to stay connected to campus.
Scott and Karen Gobble ’86 Meade
Parents of Brandon Meade ’14