Easter Break | April 17-18
Residence Halls will close after classes on Wednesday, April 16.
Residence Halls will re-open at 2 p.m. on Sunday, April 20.
The Dining Hall will close at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, April 16.
The Dining Hall will re-open at 5 p.m. on Sunday, April 20.
Wily’s Bar & Grill will close at 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 16.
Wily’s Bar & Grill will re-open at 11 a.m. on Monday, April 21.
Only students with prior permission from the Student Development Office will be allowed to stay on campus during Easter Break. Courtesy of the Student Handbook, here are a few reminders:
1. Students departing for breaks must unplug all electrical items, close windows and blinds, and empty all trash.
2. Residence Life staff members will inspect all residence hall rooms during breaks to conduct safety inspections. Security officers and/or residence life staff will make periodic rounds through the residence common areas.
3. For Thanksgiving, spring, fall and Easter breaks, students may stay on campus. If the student will be in his/her room anytime during the break, he/she must notify their Resident Director/Resident Assistant during the mandatory hall meeting preceding the break. Those staying on campus during breaks must adhere to the following:
- Must be on “permission” list; see RD or RA for permission
- Only residents may stay (no guests without prior approval by Residence Life staff)
- All policies are in effect
- MacDonald Dining Hall will be closed after dinner the day the break begins and will reopen for lunch on the day the break ends
- The exterior doors to the residence halls will remain locked at all times
- Students will be charged $15 per night to stay on campus during breaks
Tutoring Services Easter Break Hours of Operation
Tutoring Services will end on Tuesday, April 15 at 12 p.m.
Tutoring Services will resume on Monday, April 21 at 9 a.m.
Carson Library Easter Sunday Hours of Operation
The library will be open this Sunday, April 20 from 6 - 11 p.m.
Bookstore Hours during Easter Break
Monday – Wednesday, April 14 – 16………………………8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, April 17……………………………………..……..8 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Friday, April 18……………………………………………..…Closed
Message from Association Members
We are happy to introduce to you the Lees-McRae College Family Association. If you have a student at LMC, you are automatically a member of the Family Association. Your membership is free, and we hope it will provide you opportunities to be more involved in the Lees-McRae experience. This page includes information about campus events, Banner Elk accommodations, things to do in the area, campus contact information, the academic calendar and much more. Also, if you are a member of Facebook, please “like” the Lees-McRae Family Association Facebook. This will give you another opportunity to stay connected to campus.
Scott and Karen Gobble ’86 Meade
Parents of Brandon Meade ’14