Lees-McRae Family Council Guidelines
Lees-McRae Family Association
The purpose of the Lees-McRae College Family Association is to inform, connect, and engage Lees-McRae current families in the life of the College. As a member of the Family Association, you will receive Pinnacles (the College’s alumni and friends magazine), a monthly e-newsletter, and invitations to special campus events.
All Lees-McRae families are members of the Family Association.
Family Leadership Council
The goal of the Family Leadership Council is to enhance the LMC experience for students and their families by helping other parents connect with other parents, alumni, students, staff, faculty and administrators. While not a policy making group the Family Leadership Council provides advice to the college in areas such as admissions, career services, and student life and college relations.
Function of the Council:
- Help the college identify unmet parent needs, opportunities and issues.
- Engage parents of past, present and future LMC students in supporting LMC and the strategic plan of the college.
- Assist the college in fundraising activities.
Composition of the Council:
- From the development office the council will include the Vice President of Advancement and the Director of Alumni Relations.
- From the student body the council will include two parent representatives from each grade level.
Description of the Job:
- Family Leadership Council members will attend two meetings per year. The first will be Homecoming (first weekend in October) and Family Weekend (second weekend in April).
- Family Leadership Council members will assist with a minimum of 2 events per academic year.
- Family Leadership Council members will help with the planning and execution of parent-related events.
- Family Leadership Council members will assist with the raising of funds to support the college and/or specific projects or priorities.