What Should I Bring to College?
- Alarm Clock
- Bath Towels/ Washcloths
- Can Opener
- Dishwashing Liquid
- Dry Erase Board
- First Aid Supplies
- General Cleaning Supplies
- Lamp/ Bed Lamp/ Desk Lamp (non- Halogen)
- Laundry Basket
- Laundry Detergent/ Dryer Sheets
- Pillows/Pillow Cases
- Plastic plates/ bowls/ cups/ mugs
- Power Strip with Circuit Breaker
- Sheets (Extra Long Twin)/Bed Spread
- Shower Caddy
- Shower Shoes
- Storage Crates
- Surge Protector
- Toiletries (shampoo, body wash, hair dryer, etc.)
- Trash can/bags
Check with Your Roommate:
- Broom/Mop/Small Vacuum
- Carpet/ area rug
- Microwave (800W/ 120V- max)
- Refrigerator (3.5 cubic feet, 1.5 amps- max)
- Stereo/ VCR/ DVD Player
- TV (capable of receiving a digital clear QAM signal)
- Air Freshener
- Clothes Hangers
- Clothes rack
- Iron/Ironing Board
- Coffee makers that do not have an exposed heat source (example Keurig brand or other brand one cup makers)
Things NOT Permitted
- Air Conditioners
- Animals- excluding fish (10 gallon tank max) Unless you have been approved for a Pet Friendly Room
- Candles/ incense/ any other devices that produce flame
- Coffee Makers that have an exposed heating surface
- Drugs, narcotics, or other harmful materials
- Electric Grills or Skillets
- Electric Heaters
- Firearms, Ammunition, any weapons, bows, guns, BB guns, Paintball guns, Airsoft Guns, Slingshots, and launching devices
- Fireworks, powder or any other explosive pr potentially dangerous devices
- Halogen Lamps
- Homemade Lofts
- Hot Plates or any device with an exposed heating surface
- Kerosene Heaters
- Toaster Ovens
Common Policies/ Regulations
Alcohol is not allowed in any residence hall room unless the room has been registered as a "registered state law room" and individuals are of the legal drinking age of 21
Students are responsible for the community areas in their residence halls. If there are damages or items stolen in community areas and the individual(s) responsible are not identified, the damages/loss will be divided among residents of the room, floor or building.
If a student quits attending classes, the housing contract will be null and void and he/she must move out of campus housing immediately.
Room Keys: If a room key is lost, the lock will be changed at the replacement cost of $35.00. The student is responsible for this fee. If a student fails to return his/her room key upon leaving the college will be charged a fee of $35.00.
Lees McRae Keys are not to be duplicated by anyone other than the Lees-McRae locksmith
Community phones are available in the residence hall lobbies and/or the hallways of each building and in the Cannon Student Center. Calling cards can be registered through the business office to use on these phones for long distance calls. Emergency phones are located throughout the campus.
If a student needs to make a maintenance request, they may report the problem to the Residence Life Staff. The RLS will then pass the information on to the Facility Services.
Quiet Hours: 8:00pm-8:00am (Monday - Friday) and from 1:00am- 1:00pm (Saturday and Sunday) in all residence halls. Quiet hours will be in effect 24 hours a day during final exams.