The College will close at 2 p.m. on Monday, February 8.
Dining Services Information:
- MacDonald Dining Hall will serve dinner from 5 - 6 p.m.
- Wily's Bar & Grill food services will end at 8 p.m.
The Student Center will remain open until midnight.
Carson Library will close at 2 p.m. and will reopen from 5 - 10 p.m.
Tutoring services will remain open until 7 p.m.
About Campus Security
The Lees-McRae College Campus Security team’s number one priority is your safety. We are dedicated to the security of our students, staff, faculty and property, and our goal is to provide a safe campus, living and learning environment.
We provide and support general and emergency services 24 hours per day, 365 days per year, and we enforce campus rules and regulations. Our officers work with and assist area law enforcement agencies with violations of North Carolina and Federal laws both on and off-campus.
Report a Crime or Emergency
Call 911 and / or Campus Security (828.898.8756) if:
- You see fire or smell smoke
- You witness someone vandalizing property or stealing
- You witness someone hurting another person
- You see something suspicious
- You have something stolen
- Someone becomes injured or ill
Even if you aren’t sure security is needed, call anyway and let us assess the situation.
- Campus Security Supervisor HD Stewart: 828.260.0505 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campus Security Office: 828.898.8756
- Banner Elk Police Department: 828.898.4300
- Avery County Sheriff’s Office: 828.733.3858
- Cannon Hospital: 828.737.7000
General Information and Resources
|Sign up for the Emergency Alert System|
|Annual Safety Report|
|Request for Security Services Form|
|North Carolina Sexual Offender Registry|
Basic Safety Tips
- Avoid walking alone at night and always walk in groups
- Keep your doors locked even when you are in your room
- Always have your keys out and ready when you approach your vehicle or residence hall
- Don’t let strangers follow you into your residence hall, and contact the security office if you have any safety concerns
- Alert a friend or roommate of your whereabouts and your expected return whether you are leaving for a few hours or a few days
- Keep an eye out for wildlife and never approach bears or other wild animals
- Stay alert and be aware of your surroundings
- Report any suspicious activity to Campus Security (828.898.8756)