Parking Fees, Fines Refunds and Regulations
|On Campus Student Rules||Commuter Rules||Visitor Rules|
|ARAMARK Employee Rules|
All students who park on campus must obtain a parking permit. Unauthorized parking on property adjoining the College is prohibited. All Parking permits are process thru Rydin PermitExpress. All lot assignments are issued on a first come, first served basis. All parking permits are valid for one academic year. There are no discounts or prorated parking fees. The cost of a replacement parking pass is $10.
The general parking permit fee for residential students is $125.00* per year, with premium lots incurring an additional fee of $25.00. Premium lots (i.e. Tate, McMillan, Village/Cannon Cottage, Houses, and Apartments) are reserved for upperclassmen.
The parking permit fee for commuting students is $75.00* per year.
*The parking permit fee for all motorized two-wheel vehicles (mopeds, motorcycles and scooters) is $50. Visit the Lees-McRae Security office to obtain a pass).
Information about how to obtain a parking permit is located on the vehicle registration page
Refunds for vehicle registration may be obtained if a written request is made to the Campus Security Office three weeks prior to the first day of classes. Permits are purchased on an annual basis.
If you receive a parking citation, you will find a paper copy on your vehicle and you will also have the ability to receive an electronic copy as well.
To view, pay and/or appeal a citation, just visit Rydin Permit Express and fill in your citation number and license plate number to get started.
With questions, please contact the Office of Campus Security at 828.898.8756 or email@example.com.
The following fines will be assessed for violations of the respective regulations:
|No parking permit decal displayed||$20|
|Parking in a handicapped space||$250|
|No valid parking registration||$75|
|Parking in a visitors/staff/faculty/employee space||$35|
|Stopped in a traffic lane||$35|
|Parking in a restricted area||$50|
|Parking in a fire lane||$60|
|Transfer of parking permit to another vehicle||$100|
|Boot removal fee||$60|
|*Daily Boot Fee||$20|
|Failure to stop for a stop sign or security officer’s direction to stop||$100|
|Driving/Parking on grass or sidewalk||$50|
*Vehicles have 5 days to pay and have boot removed or vehicle will be towed at owners expense.
Appeals must be handled online through RydinPermit Express. All Appeal decisions are final once the appeal is locked.
- Students who park in the Town of Banner Elk illegally, for the purpose of attending classes at Lees-McRae College, are subject to of being ticketed $100 by the Lees-McRae Office of Campus Security. We ask for your help in keeping a strong relationship with the community, local businesses and the Town of Banner Elk.
- Display your parking permit as directed by Campus Security, transferring your tag to another vehicle must be approved by the Office of Campus Security.
- Any vehicle that is parked on the Lees-McRae College campus must have a valid faculty/staff, student, or visitor Permit. Any unauthorized vehicle found parked on campus without a permit is subject to being immobilized or towed at the owner’s expense.
- Lees-McRae College assumes no risk or liability for damage to any vehicle, nor loss of contents, while any vehicle is parked on College property.
- Faculty/staff lots are reserved for faculty and staff Monday through Friday. Students may park in any faculty/staff lot on weekends from Friday at 5:00 p.m. to Monday at 1:00 a.m.
- Visitor lots are located in the Library and Cannon Student Center. Theses lots are for visitors, not students.
- The President’s Lot is for the President, his staff, and his guests. This policy is enforced 24/7.
- Do not double park. Do not park in front of No Parking signs. Do not block access to buildings. Do not block roadways, fire lanes, fire hydrants, private driveways, and loading zones. Do not park on sidewalks. Do not park where barricades, speed cones or other traffic control devices are used. Do not park on the grass.
- Do not park in designated Handicapped Parking unless you are handicapped and have an authorized handicap tag or placard. You are also required to have a valid Lees-McRae Parking Permit.
- Obey the traffic laws. The speed limit on campus is 15 mph. Stop at all stop signs. Traffic laws are enforced by the Banner Elk Police Department.
- Students are required to park in their assigned lot. All student lots are for students with the appropriate permits for those lots. This policy is enforced 24/7, including weekends and holidays.
- Students who live in the Houses must park in a designated parking space. All other students with a House permit must park in the Track & Field Lot or Williams Gym II Lot. Do not block any vehicle.
- Students with House permits may park in the Post Office Lot Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. No overnight parking.
Commuter Parking: The lot behind the Presbyterian Church is available Monday-Friday only (labeled the Church Lot), and is only for commuter students. Do not park there on Saturday/Sunday or you will be ticketed or towed. If the Church Lot is full, commuter permits may overflow to the Post Office Lot, which is between Avery Lot and the Lauritsen Building. No overnight parking.
All visitors, including parents and friends must have a visitors parking permit in order to park on campus. Students or the visitor can get a visitor pass at the Office of Campus Security at the cost of $3 per day. Visitors will park in assigned lots. This applies even if the visitor is parked in a marked visitor spot. If Security is not in the office, please call 828.260.0505. Students are responsible for making sure any and all visitors obtain a visitor pass.
- ARAMARK employees are required to park in their assigned lot.
- General employees (non-student) have 8 spaces in Hayes lot marked employee parking.
- Two spaces in the Cannon Student Center lot are marked by sign. These spaces are available for the director of food services and office manager only.
- This policy is enforced 24/7, including weekends and holidays. No overnight parking.