Home Athletic Events
Saturday, March 7
Men’s Lacrosse vs. North Greenville | 2 p.m. | Athletic Complex
If you can’t make it to a game, don’t worry! You can watch the Bobcats in action on your laptop or smartphone thanks to the Bobcat Sports Network, powered by USTREAM. Visit our channel >>
Spring Break | March 9-13
Residence Hall Information
Residence Halls will close at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, March 6.
Residence Halls will re-open at 2 p.m. on Sunday, March 15.
MacDonald Dining Hall will close after dinner on Friday, March 6 and re-open for brunch on Sunday, March 15.
Wily’s Bar & Grill will close after dinner on Friday, March 6 and re-open on regular schedule (7:30 a.m.) on Monday, March 16.
Only students with prior permission from the Student Development Office will be allowed to stay on campus during Spring Break. If you are not on the approved list, you should not be in your residence hall. You will be asked by the Security Office and Residence Life staff to leave the building immediately and will be judicially and financially charged for violating campus policy.
Courtesy of the Student Handbook, here are a few policy reminders:
- Must be on “permission” list; see your RD or RA for permission
- Only residents may stay (no guests without prior approval by Residence Life staff)
- All campus and residence hall policies are in effects
- MacDonald Dining Hall will be closed after dinner the day the break begins and will reopen for lunch on the day the break ends
- The exterior doors to residence halls will remain locked at all times
Suicide Prevention & Depression Awareness Panel/Clinic
Monday, March 16
7 – 9 p.m. in Evans Auditorium
This event is open to the campus community
Join us to hear from licensed professionals from Avery County as well as counselors from Lees-McRae and Appalachian State University. This event is sponsored by Counseling Services.
Cap and Gown Orders
Due March 17
Attention graduating seniors (including those who graduated in December 2014), the campus bookstore will be taking cap and gown orders until March 17. Please stop by the bookstore, call 828.898.8728 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your information. You will need to submit your name, height and telephone number. Submissions via email will not receive a confirmation email. The campus bookstore will contact all seniors who have not submitted their information by the deadline.
10 a.m. in the Student Development Suite, Room 120
Hosted by Counseling Services
Come to Lees-McRae Counseling Services to talk about dreams. You will learn ways to remember your dreams and keep a dream journal, and process your dreams in a fun and supportive setting.
FREE Tai Chi Classes
Tuesdays and Thursdays
10 a.m. in the SRC
Campus Ministry Events
This group will meet every other Thursday from 7:30 – 8:30 p.m. in Evans Auditorium. Contact Melissa Hooper for more information.
Contact Elizabeth Price at email@example.com for more information.
- Freshman Women's Life Group: Tuesdays at 8 p.m. in Avery Lobby
- Freshman Men's Life Group: Tuesdays at 8 p.m. in Tate Lobby
- Multi-Ethnic Life Group: Thursdays at 8 p.m. in McMillan Lobby
Take a Faculty or Staff Member to Lunch for FREE
Visit the Student Development Office or click here to learn more
Did you know? 94% of students said they have had a conversation with a faculty or staff member outside of the classroom. Continue the conversation over lunch with a faculty or staff member of your choice!
Student Recreation Complex Hours
Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays | 2 – 10 p.m.
Tuesdays | 8 a.m. – 1 p.m., 2 – 10 p.m.
Thursdays | 8 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays | 1 – 5 p.m.
Rhea-Lyons Pool Schedule
Important Dates | Spring 2015
- Monday, January 12 | First Day of Classes
- Friday, January 16 | End of Schedule Adjustment
- Monday, January 19 | Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday (No Classes)
- Friday, February 20 | Last Day to Withdraw from a Class
- Monday, March 9 - Friday, March 13 | Spring Break (No Classes)
- Monday, March 23 - Friday, April 17 | Advising and Registration for Fall 2015
- Thursday, April 2 - Friday, April 3 | Easter Holiday (No Classes)
- Thursday, April 30 | Last Day of Classes
- Friday, May 1 | Reading Day (No Classes)
- Saturday, May 2 and Monday, May 4 - Wednesday, May 6 | Exam Week
- Friday, May 8 | Baccalaureate
- Saturday, May 9 | Commencement