55th Annual Honors and Awards
Tuesday, April 15
7 p.m. in Hayes Auditorium
Come out and support your fellow Bobcat students, faculty and staff at the annual Honors and Awards ceremony. With commencement just around the corner, this is a time to recognize outstanding achievement in academics, leadership and service. Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to attend this important event.
Attention Seniors! Cap and gown orders have arrived!
Please stop by the bookstore during regular business hours to pick up your order. You must have your Student ID with you or you will not be allowed to pick up your order. If you did not place an order with the bookstore, they do have extras in stock but please contact them as soon as possible.
ZUMBA is back!
Saturdays this Spring
1:30 p.m. in the Student Recreation Complex
Open to students, staff and faculty, and it is FREE! We hope you’ll join us for this fast-paced, exciting exercise class!
Weekly Group Study Sessions
Hosted by Tutoring Services
These sessions will be the most beneficial if you attend each week. With questions, contact Sue McGuire at email@example.com or 828.898.2561.
Local Summer Job Opportunities!
Easter Break | April 17-18
Residence Halls will close after classes on Wednesday, April 16.
Residence Halls will re-open at 2 p.m. on Sunday, April 20.
The Dining Hall will close at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, April 16.
The Dining Hall will re-open at 5 p.m. on Sunday, April 20.
Wily’s Bar & Grill will close at 1:30 p.m. on Wednesday, April 16.
Wily’s Bar & Grill will re-open at 11 a.m. on Monday, April 21.
Only students with prior permission from the Student Development Office will be allowed to stay on campus during Easter Break. Courtesy of the Student Handbook, here are a few reminders:
1. Students departing for breaks must unplug all electrical items, close windows and blinds, and empty all trash.
2. Residence Life staff members will inspect all residence hall rooms during breaks to conduct safety inspections. Security officers and/or residence life staff will make periodic rounds through the residence common areas.
3. For Thanksgiving, spring, fall and Easter breaks, students may stay on campus. If the student will be in his/her room anytime during the break, he/she must notify their Resident Director/Resident Assistant during the mandatory hall meeting preceding the break. Those staying on campus during breaks must adhere to the following:
- Must be on “permission” list; see RD or RA for permission
- Only residents may stay (no guests without prior approval by Residence Life staff)
- All policies are in effect
- MacDonald Dining Hall will be closed after dinner the day the break begins and will reopen for lunch on the day the break ends
- The exterior doors to the residence halls will remain locked at all times
- Students will be charged $15 per night to stay on campus during breaks
Tutoring Services Easter Break Hours of Operation
Tutoring Services will end on Tuesday, April 15 at 12 p.m.
Tutoring Services will resume on Monday, April 21 at 9 a.m.
Carson Library Easter Sunday Hours of Operation
The library will be open this Sunday, April 20 from 6 - 11 p.m.
Bookstore Hours during Easter Break
Monday – Wednesday, April 14 – 16………………………8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Thursday, April 17……………………………………..……..8 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Friday, April 18……………………………………………..…Closed
Advising and Registration
Advising and Registration
March 24 - April 22
The Summer and Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 Schedules are now available for viewing in WebAdvisor. Registration for Fall Semester 2014 will begin on Monday, March 24 and end on April 22. Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor to register for the 2014 Fall Semester. Students may register during the following times:
• March 24 – April 4: Rising Seniors and Juniors
• April 7 – 16 and April 21 – 22: Rising Sophomores and Freshmen
During this time, you may also review the 2014 Summer Schedule. However, registration for summer classes must occur through the Registrar’s Office using a separate Summer School Registration form. You can pick up a Summer School Registration Form in the Registrar’s Office.
With questions, please contact the Registrar’s Office.
Important Dates | Spring 2014
- January 15 | First Day of Classes
- January 20 | MLK, Jr. Holiday; No Classes
- January 24 | End of Schedule Adjustment
- February 28 | Last Day to Withdraw from a Class
- March 10 - 14 | Spring Break; No Classes
- March 24 - April 22 | Advising and Registration for Fall 2014
- April 17 - 18 | Easter Holiday; No Classes
- May 1 | Last Day of Classes
- May 2 | Reading Day
- May 3 - 7 | Exam Week
- May 9 | Baccalaureate
- May 10 | Commencement