Apply for Financial Aid
Concerned about paying for college?
Make a Payment
Taking care of payments is easy at Lees-McRae!
File your FAFSA!
Important Financial Aid Information for New Lees-McRae College Students
To be considered for any federal, state or institutional needbased financial aid, you must complete the 2015-2016 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
We encourage you to complete the application by our priority filing date of April 15, 2015.
- You may file your 2015-2016 FAFSA beginning January 1, 2015 using information from 2014 Federal tax returns. Complete it at www.fafsa.ed.gov and include the Lees-McRae College code 002939. Using the IRS Data Retrieval Function is your best option for entering your financial data.
- You and your parent should apply for a PIN at www.pin.ed.gov before completing the FAFSA so that you may sign it electronically.
- After completing the FAFSA, sign electronically with your PINs and remember to SUBMIT your data. Don’t forget to print a copy for your records.
- Effective late April 2015 the FSA PIN will be replaced with a new FSA ID.
- If you have questions, help is available online at www.fafsa.ed.gov or by calling 1-800-4-FED-AID.
- 2015-2016 financial aid packages will be processed beginning in late February 2015.
- For more information or with questions, contact the Lees-McRae College Financial Aid Office at 828.898.5241 or 828.898.3446.
Message from the Director
Lees-McRae College is committed to the principle that an excellent liberal arts education is one of the best investments a family can make.
Today, our commitment to affordability has never been stronger. Oftentimes prospective students and their parents believe that attending a private college or out-of-state college is too expensive. At Lees-McRae we do not charge any additional fees to out-of-state students and many of our currently enrolled students will tell you that it is just as affordable to attend Lees-McRae College as to attend a public university.
Over 95% of Lees-McRae College students receive financial assistance. Only one form is needed to start the process after you have been admitted to Lees-McRae -- the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov and include the Lees-McRae College school code of 002939.
The Lees-McRae College Financial Aid Staff is dedicated to providing students and their families with friendly, efficient, and responsible financial services, while complying with all federal, state, and institutional policies. We are here to support you and to help you make an informed decision about investing in your education.
Director of Financial Aid