First Year Students (Freshmen)
Send comments or questions to Admissions@lmc.edu.
Steps to Admission
To be considered for freshmen admission:
- Submit completed application (online or by mail)
- Pay your $35 application fee online, or by check: PO Box 128, Banner Elk, NC 28604
- Submit official high-school transcript
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores (optional, click here to learn more about our test-optional admissions policy)
If there are special circumstances to consider regarding your academic and/or personal background, please submit a brief essay with an explanation. In addition, academic recommendations or an interview may be required.
Once your file is complete, you will be notified of your admission decision within two weeks. Students are automatically reviewed for academic merit scholarships as part of the admission process.
Congratulations, you've been accepted! To reserve your place at Lees-McRae, please provide:
- $250 tuition deposit to reserve your place (Deposits are refundable until May 1 for fall admission and until December 1 for spring admission.)
- Necessary financial aid paperwork
- Proof of Immunization as required by the State of North Carolina
- Completed room assignment sheet
Stay informed about next steps by communicating regularly with your admissions specialist.
Get ready to become a Lees-McRae Bobcat!