Send comments or questions to Admissions@lmc.edu.
Welcome Homeschooled Students!
Lees-McRae College welcomes homeschooled students and provides outstanding preparation for academic, personal and professional success. With a faculty to student ratio of 14:1, class size is small allowing for individual attention in a safe, nurturing and inspiring environment. Students have the opportunity to become involved in a wide variety of social, service and spiritual activities on campus and in the community.
Steps to Admission
To be considered for admission:
- Submit completed application (online or by mail)
- Pay your $35 application fee online
or by check: PO Box 128, Banner Elk, NC 28604
- Submit official high-school transcript or academic portfolio (Students must submit an official transcript from correspondence school, if applicable. Students who have not worked with an umbrella school may submit an academic portfolio documenting their academic experience. Academic portfolios must include course descriptions, date the courses were taken and final grades. The homeschool transcript must show the graduation date and be signed and dated by homeschooling parent.)
- Submit official SAT or ACT scores (optional, click here to learn more about our test-optional admissions policy.)
- Submit official college transcripts, if applicable
If there are special circumstances to consider regarding your academic and/or personal background, please submit a brief essay with an explanation. In addition, academic recommendations or an interview may be required.
Once your file is complete, you will be notified of your admission decision within two weeks. Students are automatically reviewed for academic merit scholarships as part of the admission process.
Congratulations, you've been accepted! To reserve your place at Lees-McRae, please provide:
- $250 tuition deposit to reserve your place (Deposits are refundable until May 1 for fall admission and until December 1 for spring admission.)
- Necessary financial aid paperwork
- Proof of Immunization as required by the State of North Carolina
- Completed room assignment sheet
Stay informed about next steps by communicating regularly with your admissions specialist.
Get ready to become a Lees-McRae Bobcat!