Send comments or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome Transfer Students!
Lees-McRae College welcomes transfer students and is equipped with admissions specialists to help guide you through the process. Each transcript is evaluated individually to help determine how many credit hours you may be eligible to transfer in. Students who have attended a regionally accredited institution and who have satisfied the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement will be considered as having met the College's general education core requirements.
Steps to Admission
To be considered for transfer admission:
- Submit completed application (online or by mail)
- Pay your $35 application fee online or by check: PO Box 128, Banner Elk, NC 28604
- Submit official high school transcript or recognized equivalent showing proof of graduation
- Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended
If there are special circumstances to consider regarding your academic and/or personal background, please submit a brief essay with an explanation. In addition, academic recommendations or an interview may be required.
Once your file is complete, you will be notified of your admission decision within two weeks. Students are automatically reviewed for academic merit scholarships as part of the admission process.
Congratulations, you've been accepted! To reserve your place at Lees-McRae, please provide:
- $250 tuition deposit to reserve your place (Deposits are refundable until May 1 for fall admission and until December 1 for spring admission)
- Necessary financial aid paperwork
- Proof of Immunization as required by the State of North Carolina
- Room assignment form (Click here to view our off-campus housing policy)
Stay informed about next steps by communicating regularly with your admissions specialist.
Since transfer students are typically familiar with registration processes in a college setting, Summer Orientation will NOT be a mandatory requirement for you. Instead, you will make an individual phone or in-person appointment to be advised. We hope this will allow for a more personal advising experience. You will be able to take care of other student processes, such as getting your student ID card, during the first week of class. Please contact Sue McGuire at 828.898.2561 or email@example.com beginning May 1 to schedule your advising appointment. With any admission or application-related questions, please contact Candace Silver at 828.898.2417 or firstname.lastname@example.org.