Send comments or questions to email@example.com.
Welcome Transfer Students!
Lees-McRae College welcomes transfer students and is equipped with admissions specialists to help guide you through the process. Each transcript is evaluated individually to help determine how many credit hours you may be eligible to transfer in. Students who have attended a regionally accredited institution and who have satisfied the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement will be considered as having met the College's general education core requirements.
To learn more, view our college catalog.
Steps to Admission
To be considered for transfer admission:
- Submit completed application (online or by mail)
- Pay your $35 application fee online or by check: PO Box 128, Banner Elk, NC 28604
- Submit official transcripts from ALL colleges attended
- If you have earned less than 25 credit hours, you will be required to submit official high school transcripts
If there are special circumstances to consider regarding your academic and/or personal background, please submit a brief essay with an explanation. In addition, academic recommendations or an interview may be required.
Once your file is complete, you will be notified of your admission decision within two weeks. Students are automatically reviewed for academic merit scholarships as part of the admission process.
Congratulations, you've been accepted! To reserve your place at Lees-McRae, please provide:
- $250 tuition deposit to reserve your place (Deposits are refundable until May 1 for fall admission and until December 1 for spring admission)
- Necessary financial aid paperwork
- Proof of Immunization as required by the State of North Carolina
- Room assignment form (Click here to view our off-campus housing policy)
Stay informed about next steps by communicating regularly with your admissions specialist.
Get ready to become a Lees-McRae Bobcat!