We have one mission. Lees-McRae educates and inspires students to approach life and work from a creative, collaborative, and critical perspective in preparation for diverse careers and environments. Through common ambition, we maintain our focus on the needs of all learners—residential on the main campus and degree-completion through our online programs. Some are athletes, some are in the honors program, and some are working while returning to school. Regardless of where you are and where you want to go, our expert faculty and committed staff will help you get there.
Discover your purpose.
We are guided by common principles. Members of the Lees-McRae family—students, faculty, staff, alumni—personify these shared values:
- The lifelong pursuit of knowledge is at the heart of everything we do.
- We never waver from our first priority and in doing so remain student-centered.
- By being open and transparent with integrity, we “do what we say and say what we do.”
- The opportunity to improve and better oneself is available for everyone.
- We listen to others and practice respectful communication.
- Financial responsibility requires moderation and “living within our means.”
- We work together and strive for collaboration to achieve mutual goals.
- The natural environment and its inhabitants—human and animal—are worthy of conservation.
Led by Dr. Barry Buxton, the senior leadership team meets regularly to discuss institutional operations and implement forward thinking initiatives.
The strategic plan, developed collaboratively by faculty, staff, and administration, articulates a long-term vision and identifies areas of focus.
Lees-McRae has provided sound education through its motto, “In the Mountains, Of the Mountains, For the Mountains” for more than a century.