Academic Requirements for Graduation
- A minimum of 124 credit hours.
- A minimum 2.0 grade point average (GPA) (Exceptions: Elementary Education and Athletic Training majors should see their division chairs for adjusted requirements.)
- Completion of the Core Curriculum
- Completion of the Degree Requirements for the appropriate degree
- Completion of an approved major program of study
- Successful completion of an outlined degree program
- Completion of at least 30 hours taken at the 300 or 400 level
- Completion at Lees-McRae College of at least one half of the credit hours required for the major program of study
- Completion of at least 32 of the last 40 semester hours must have been earned at Lees-McRae
The College requires every student to enroll in a prescribed curriculum and to pursue this curriculum through a carefully planned sequence of courses that will lead to successful completion of the academic program and the awarding of the appropriate baccalaureate degree.
Each student must attempt to register for required courses before pursuing elective courses in order to concentrate upon the Core of liberal arts subjects which the faculty judges to be basic for a college education. After primary attention has been given to completion of required Core courses, each student and advisor should choose elective courses appropriate for the student's academic major or professional interest.
No deviation from the prescribed curriculum will be permitted unless written approval has been secured.
A student earning a grade of "F" in any required course in the major course of study must repeat that course. No more than 12 credit hours of coursework in which a grade of "D" has been received may apply toward graduation.
No more than four credit hours of physical education activity courses may count toward graduation.
A student may choose to meet the graduation requirements listed in the College Catalog that was in effect the year the student entered Lees-McRae College or in any subsequent catalog. However, a student may not select graduation requirements from more than one catalog at a time. If the student has been out of residence for more than one academic year, the graduation requirements in effect at the time of re-enrollment at Lees-McRae will apply.