Off-campus Housing

The policy for campus housing is stated in the Lees-McRae College Student Handbook and the Lees-McRae College Catalog. Students who meet at least one of the following criteria are eligible to apply to live off campus. This form must be completed and approved before moving off campus.

Off-Campus Housing Criteria

  1. Married students and students with dependent children (Provide a copy of marriage certificate or birth certificate)
  2. Students living at home with their parents or guardians within 25 miles of Lees-McRae (Provide a copy of utility bill in the parent’s name)
  3. Veterans with more than 120 consecutive days of active military duty (Provide a copy of your DD-214)
  4. Students who are 23 years of age or older, OR students that will turn 23 during the semester of the off-campus request (Provide a copy of a valid driver’s license, passport, or birth certificate)
  5. Students whose parents are full-time Lees-McRae employees (Human Resources will verify)
  6. Transfer students who possess an associate degree or have completed at least 59 credits from an accredited post-secondary institution
  7. Students who are enrolled full time in the Master of Arts in Teaching in Secondary Education program

This policy is in effect during the fall and spring semesters for all Lees-McRae College main campus students. Requests for exceptions to this policy must be made by the student through the Office of Student Affairs. Exceptions to the policy will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Students who are approved to live off campus will be granted this approval for their entire time at Lees-McRae. Students may return to live on campus, but must contact the Office of Student Affairs, and there must be vacancy on campus to do so.

Request to live off campus