Parents & Families

You want your student to get the most out of their education—and so do we. Stay up to date about the life of the institution and explore ways to join our support network.

A family affair: Three ways parents can inspire their students’ success

Parents and families, your student is about to embark on an epic journey: college! In becoming a Bobcat, your student will be exposed to so many experiences and opportunities that will challenge them to grow into the individuals, professionals, and citizens that they are meant to be. Continue reading

Admissions FAQs for Families

Application Process


    How do we send in additional application documents?

    Official copies of transcripts, test scores, recommendations, etc. can be sent:

    By mail:
    PO Box 128
    Banner Elk NC 28604


    By fax:


    Will it hurt my student to apply test-optional?

    Not at all. We have a holistic reviewing process and understand that test-scores do no tell the whole story! That is why we implemented the test-optional policy. Students who are worried about their test scores can submit additional requirements along with their transcripts to be evaluated. This will not hurt their admission process.


    How long does it take to receive an admissions decision?

    Once an application is complete, students normally receive a decision within two weeks!

After Acceptance


    When is the housing form due?

    We recommend to submit the resident information form as soon as the deposit has been made.


    When is the immunization form due?

    The completed forms are due at the time of move-in. We encourage students to submit the immunization forms around their orientation session. The forms can be sent to PO Box 128 Banner Elk, NC 28604 or faxed to 828.898.9707.


    I have a copy of my student’s immunization records. Do I still need to complete the immunization section of the health forms?

    Yes. The form must be completed in its entirety. You may attach copies of the immunization records to the form.


    My student is an incoming student athlete. Are there additional forms required?

    Yes. All incoming student athletes need to contact their coach prior to move-in to prepare any other required paperwork.


    Why do you need the direct deposit form?

    The direct deposit form is needed on file in the case of a tuition refund. Or if the student is employed at the College and has requested a direct deposit.


    Do you need final transcripts?

    Yes. We request final high school and college (if applicable) transcripts for every student. Final transcripts are due before move-in.


    My child has college credit. How can we transfer the credit to Lees-McRae?

    College credit can come from different sources. If the student has been enrolled/dual-enrolled at a college, official college transcripts must be sent in to transfer the earned credit. (Even if the college course is listed on a high school transcript, we still need official college transcripts) Students with AP, IB and CLEP courses must provide the testing results to transfer in the credit. Each test requires a certain score to be transferrable. We recommend that all college credit be submitted by the time of advising/Orientation.

Find more helpful frequently asked questions here:

Orientation FAQs

Don't see something you're looking for? Let us know!

Email the Office of Admission at for assistance.